1. Thank You notes - I really appreciate when someone gets me paper items. 'Thank You' notes especially because I can then go ahead use them to send out thank you notes to those who gave me gifts! You really can't go wrong with Rifle Paper Co. All their products are gorgeous!
2. Something sweet - If they're a foodie or you know their favorite treats, then a cute package from Sugarwish™ could be the perfect fit. The Petite Sugarwish™ has four 4 oz bags so it is the perfect "little something” for 1 person. There's a wide variety of candies to choose from. My sister quite enjoyed it when I sent her one (especially since she was preggers at the time).
3. Gifts that give back - Don't forget to give back this holiday season. Buying a gift that gives back is definitely a great option. Life is Good's Espresso Yourself Journal is not only fun and cheeky but Life is Good donates 10% of their net proceeds to kids in need.
4. Gift sets - Who doesn't love adorable packaging? I always enjoy items packaged in ornaments like Le Couvent des Minimes Sparkling Hand Cream Duo featuring 1) 1 Aimable Hand Cream, laced with fresh, sweet-smelling Orange Blossom, this light, non-sticky hydrator helps soften and moisturize dry hands, while Shea Butter helps protect and nourish; 2) 1 Matines Hand Cream, a botanical blend that drenches hands in moisture, leaving them feeling hydrated and comforted but not sticky or slick and features notes of fresh Orange and Basil.
5. Gift cards - When in doubt - get a gift card! Starbucks gift cards are among the most popular gift cards so don't feel ashamed. I know many people appreciate these versus receiving a not so great gift. Give me all the Sephora gift cards!!!
Also, see my sister's recommendations for "White Elephant" gift ideas!