Clueless - As if! We're all rocking crop tops now. I recently did a Cher Horowitz inspired look.
2. Empire Records - I thought this cast was the coolest. Kind of like the '90s kids Breakfast Club. It's also sad to think that record stores don't really exist anymore.
3. The Craft - One of my all-time favorite movies. This was me in high school without the satanism and midriff.
4. Romy & Michele's High School Reunion - Are you noticing a pattern yet? Girl power and crop tops. This movie manages to make fun of itself and the horrible '90s looks with frosted lipstick and tacky prom dresses.
5. The Bodyguard - Kevin Costner in mom jeans lol. This movie is such the epitome of '90s fashion - oversized turtleneck sweaters and ill fitting mom jeans. It also gave us the greatest love song of all time.
6. Poetic Justice - Um, didn't we all want to be Janet? Still do! I am not cool enough to pull off any of these outfits (and I'm white lol) but I can idolize. Plus, RIP Tupac.
7. Now & Then - Such a significant movie of my childhood lol. I always wanted a summer like that and a treehouse. Never quite worked out. I'm also impressed that the majority of these young ladies went on to successful careers since that isn't always the case for child actors.
May I also point these all have wonderful soundtracks! There are plenty of other '90s movies to choose from so tell me...
What other '90s movies did you draw fashion inspiration from?